‘Fit Resources’ Archives
Written: September 27, 2011 In: Fit Resources
While there are some clear advantages to the Contour Ab Belt there are also some distinct disadvantages. For one thing, the device appears to be too bulky to be worn discreetly, especially given the size of its remote controller. Thus, users might need to forget about undergoing a toning program while at work or in public. It also requires 4 AAA batteries, unlike some other belts. Plus, the device is not specifically backed by any third party clinical trials, as some other EMS devices are. With a satisfaction guarantee period of only one month, people do not have a very long a time period to make a final decision about the apparatus. Finally, the vendor does not ship outside the U.S and charges customers outside of the continental U.S. extra shipping costs.
Written: January 5, 2011 In: Fit Resources
“Supermarkets used to get food deliveries once or twice a week, but now most stores are getting shipments every day,” says food trends, safety and consumer shopping expert Phil Lempert. “The idea that certain items are going to be fresher on certain days doesn’t hold true anymore.”
Because of these more efficient shipment methods, you need to sharpen your food selection skills to bring the best home to your family.
Try these techniques:
- Shop early in the day for fresh produce
- Larger produce displays likely equates to fresher items as they are generally gone through more often
- Exotic fruits are not bought as often and therefore may be more likely to have sat on shelf longer than standard fruits or vegetables
- A lot of fish comes to the U.S. from overseas, so it’s already been frozen or stored on ice by the time it’s landed in your grocery store’s fish section, says Lempert. He recommends checking the display signs for the words “previously frozen,” and if you see that, you may as well purchase a version from the freezer section.
- Make nice with the Butcher, the Baker, maybe not so much the candlestick maker. Also, don’t forget the produce lady and the wine specialist. When in doubt these are your experts on selecting the freshest and most cost effective items
- Follow these tips when selecting grocery store items for your family. You’ll find healthful benefits from the freshest options as well as likely save a buck or two also!
article adapted from Women’s Day
Written: January 1, 2010 In: Fit Resources
One positive with operating more programs than just Diet Grader is that I’m often introduced to many cool new programs. Right now I’m starting a review on my personal blog of a company called MyClassPro.
Promotional content tends to get more conversational in a Blog.
Knowing that to be true I quickly jumped into their blog. While there I found an interesting video quiz that might be fun for those who travel through the Diet Grader site.
I’m not so certain that the quiz result is the “perfect” way to start each day, but based on the choices offered it seems to be making sense.
Written: December 29, 2009 In: Fit Resources
We haven’t yet created a Diet Grader fan page at Face Book. There are many reasons we should get on that and several reasons we have not yet.
In the mean time we want to introduce you to two of our other programs and give you the opportunity help us along and join those fan pages.
Join me as a fan on these pages…
Are you on FaceBook? Do you have a business with a fan page on FaceBook?
Written: December 18, 2009 In: Fit Resources
Took us longer than it should have, but we’ve now joined the Twitter ranks. We’re thinking that programs specials and tips for use may be regular additions to the Twitter account along with links to healthful articles that may be just what you need to bring your diet to an A+.
Got our profile image in place. What do you think? Made us want to eat our fruit.
Background image will come soon.
Follow with your Twitter account and if you have other ideas on how we can assist you in your dietary challenges through that medium, let us know.
You can assist us by using the “Share” buttons on our posts to help us spread the word to several of the many social media sites.
Written: December 17, 2009 In: Fit Resources
I do recall the “Polack” joke being a staple to elementary humor. Now that I’ve grown and work relatively deeply in this field of WELLNESS I am happy to come across something a bit more intellectual, tasty, and healthy from the Polish Nation.
Check out these five food tips from Poland.